MENU

Shakespeare Documented is still growing! Currently, two thirds of the descriptions and 98% of the images are available in the resource. Descriptive text will continue to be added, updated and expanded. Visit our About page to learn more about the project scope.

To learn more about searching and using Shakespeare Documented please visit Explore.

SHAKESPEARE DOCUMENTED IS STILL GROWING

Descriptive content and transcriptions will continue to be added, updated and expanded. Check back for regular updates!

Filter the documents by tag(s)

July 4, 1613
SHAKESPEARE DOCUMENTED IS STILL GROWING! Descriptive content and transcriptions will continue to be added, updated and expanded. Check back for regular updates!
July 2, 1613 (reproduced here in print, 1661)
SHAKESPEARE DOCUMENTED IS STILL GROWING! Descriptive content and transcriptions will continue to be added, updated and expanded. Check back for regular updates!
1614
SHAKESPEARE DOCUMENTED IS STILL GROWING! Descriptive content and transcriptions will continue to be added, updated and expanded. Check back for regular updates!
1614
SHAKESPEARE DOCUMENTED IS STILL GROWING! Descriptive content and transcriptions will continue to be added, updated and expanded. Check back for regular updates!
1613- 1614
In March 1613 William Shakespeare and three associates agreed to purchase the Gatehouse of the former Dominican priory in London known as “Blackfriars” from Henry Walker for the sum of £140. The indenture of bargain and sale is dated March 10.
1614
Like the first edition of 1600, the second edition of Englands Helicon (1614), includes a sonnet from act 4, scene 3 of Love’s Labor’s Lost (1598). The poem in Englands Helicon is ascribed to “W.
September 5, 1614
In late August/early September 1614, it became generally known that plans were afoot to enclose some of the open fields at Welcombe, to the northeast of Stratford.
1613- 1614
In March 1613 William Shakespeare and three associates agreed to purchase the Gatehouse of the former Dominican priory in London known as “Blackfriars” from Henry Walker for the sum of £140. The indenture of bargain and sale is dated March 10.
Summer of 1614
Stratford’s Corporation chamberlains presented their annual accounts, covering payments from the previous twelve months, in January each year. Although individual payments are usually undated, it can be assumed they were entered broadly in chronological order.
1614
William Camden, one of England’s most respected antiquaries, published the second edition of Remaines of a greater work in 1614.

Pages