MENU

To view a sortable list, please visit the Resource

All Documents

September 5, 1614
In late August/early September 1614, it became generally known that plans were afoot to enclose some of the open fields at Welcombe, to the northeast of Stratford.
1613- 1614
In March 1613 William Shakespeare and three associates agreed to purchase the Gatehouse of the former Dominican priory in London known as “Blackfriars” from Henry Walker for the sum of £140. The indenture of bargain and sale is dated March 10.
1613- 1614
In March 1613 William Shakespeare and three associates agreed to purchase the Gatehouse of the former Dominican priory in London known as “Blackfriars” from Henry Walker for the sum of £140. The indenture of bargain and sale is dated March 10.
October 28, 1614
Within two months of it becoming common knowledge that plans were afoot to enclose some of the open fields at Welcombe to the north-east of Stratford, Shakespeare took steps to ensure that his income as a leaseholder of half the tithes of Old Stratford, Bishopton and Welco
April 26 and May 5, 1615
In 1613 William Shakespeare, with the assistance of three trustees, purchased the gatehouse in the Blackfriars neighborhood of London, evidently as an investment.
November 17, 1614 - September 1615
Thomas Greene, the Corporation’s steward, recorded in some detail the events associated with the contentious proposals to enclose some of the open fields at Welcombe.
May 22, 1615
In 1613 William Shakespeare, with the assistance of three trustees, purchased the gatehouse in the Blackfriars neighborhood of London, evidently as an investment.
October 9, 1615
Ostler v. Heminges, a lawsuit regarding shares in the Globe and Blackfriars playhouses, is remarkable for two reasons.
March 25, 1616
William Shakespeare’s last will and testament provides one of the richest surviving accounts for understanding his familial and professional networks.
after June 22, 1616
The registered copy of Shakespeare’s last will and testament is shown here. The original will was probated on June 22, 1616, and entered in the register shortly thereafter.

Pages