MENU

All Documents

July 18, 1598
In the summer of 1598, Thomas Blackford of Butlers Marston sold a house on the north side of Sheep Street, Stratford-upon-Avon, to Daniel Smith. The deed recording the sale, shown here, was drawn up on July 18.
1598
The borough chamberlain, in his accounts submitted in January 1598, included an entry that at some point in the previous twelve months he paid “Mr Shaxpere” 10 pence for “on lod of ston,” one of a set of five payments made towards the repair of the bridge over t
1597- 1599
SHAKESPEARE DOCUMENTED IS STILL GROWING! Descriptive content and transcriptions will continue to be added, updated and expanded. Check back for regular updates!
1599
SHAKESPEARE DOCUMENTED IS STILL GROWING! Descriptive content and transcriptions will continue to be added, updated and expanded. Check back for regular updates!
1597- 1599
SHAKESPEARE DOCUMENTED IS STILL GROWING! Descriptive content and transcriptions will continue to be added, updated and expanded. Check back for regular updates!
1597- 1599
SHAKESPEARE DOCUMENTED IS STILL GROWING! Descriptive content and transcriptions will continue to be added, updated and expanded. Check back for regular updates!
1599
Like the two draft grants of arms from 1596, this draft exemplification of arms from 1599 is in the handwriting of William Dethick, Garter King of Arms.
ca. 1595- 1600
In 1602, the herald Ralph Brooke challenged 23 coats of arms granted by William Dethick, including the arms originally granted to Shakespeare’s father, John Shakespeare, and now belonging to William Shakespeare.
September 8, 1601
John Shakespeare was buried on September 8, 1601, according to the Holy Trinity Church parish register. Next to the entry, an “X” added by a later hand highlights its significance.
May 31, 1602
Richard Quiney was buried on May 31, 1602, as recorded in the Holy Trinity Church parish register. On October 2, 1601, he had been sworn in as bailiff for the following twelve months and was thus described as “Mr.

Pages