To view a sortable list, please visit the Resource

All Documents

The Revels Book of 1611–12 records that the court saw only two of Shakespeare’s plays. This is five fewer than the seven performances recorded in the 1604–5 accounts.
ca. Easter 1610 - Hilary 1611
SHAKESPEARE DOCUMENTED IS STILL GROWING! Descriptive content and transcriptions will continue to be added, updated and expanded. Check back for regular updates!
October 5, 1611
Following John Shakespeare’s death in 1601, and perhaps for a year or two earlier, the Shakespeare family’s property in Henley Street (now known was the Birthplace) was let out to tenants.
December 16, 1611
Thomas Lord Cromwell was originally entered into Liber C of the Stationers' Company on August 11, 1602 by the printer William Cotton for the publisher William Jones.
December 4, 1611
On December 4, 1611, by the deed shown here, the wealthy widow, Elizabeth Quiney, and her eldest son, Adrian Quiney, sold a sizeable house in Wood Street, Stratford-upon-Avon, to William Mountford. The deed has three tags with seals attached (shown here in the first image).
This is the only surviving copy of The Anuals of great Brittaine, a 1611 reissue of Robert Chester’s 1601 Loves Martyr, which included the Shakespeare poem now known as “The Phoenix and the Turtle.” The Anuals is made up of sheets from the 1601 edition
September 11, 1611
On September 11, 1611, the Stratford Corporation drafted a list of seventy-two burgesses who could be approached to subscribe “towardes the Charge of prosecutyng the Bill in the parliament for the better Repayre of the highe Waies and amendinge divers defectes in the Statutes alredy made.&r
February 1611
Late in 1610 Richard Lane, William Shakespeare and Thomas Greene had filed a complaint in Chancery seeking to ensure that all those with interests in property (principally the Stratford tithes) formerly belonging to the Stratford College should be required to contribute to
ca. late 1610 - early 1611
This document is a draft of a bill of complaint to be submitted to the Court of Chancery regarding annuity payments on property relating to the 1544 lease of the Stratford tithes.
The Troublesome Reign of King John was first published anonymously in 1591, but the second quarto of 1611 includes the attribution “Written by W.Sh.” In 1622, a third quarto expanded this to “W.